Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Seems my in-the-box Optimus Prime just lost some value

As uncharacteristic as it may seem, I geek out a little bit over Transformers. I grew up with a little brother obsessed with the toys and cartoons. I picked up quite a bit through osmosis from him.

But when my kids got into the modern era movies and such as tweens and young teens, sure I watched the movies with them.

Western Star was big into this and, of course, when I got a chance at a limited edition Optimus Prime Transformer toy, I took it.

It sits proudly on my desk unopened. I could say it’s because I’m preserving its value. That would be a filthy lie. I know once I get it “transformed,” I would never be able to return it to its original state. And the Western Star Transformer cap I have? No one is touching that. Not even my kids.

All that said, when I stumbled onto a for real, in the world, BMW that transforms into a robot, I was in orbit. It had to be the coolest thing I’ve seen in a while.

Seriously. Check it out.


So here’s the deal. The company is Letrons. It started out as a research and development company and morphed into producing items like the BMW Transformer.

Here’s a longer video on the car:



Now we all know they won’t be rolling off the assembly line any time soon. But, I can promise you this that I’m calling dibs on the test drive for Land Line if and when they get that far. And, if I happen to hit the lotto and decide I must have one, it will be fashioned in the form of Bumble Bee.

(Thank you for indulging my inner geek. I now return to my normal mode of dissecting regulations and such.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.