Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Clarissa goes to Dallas

Early, early tomorrow morning I will be boarding a plane and heading for my first truck show – the Great American Trucking Show in Dallas.

I am excited to work in the OOIDA booth and talk to members stopping by to chat and renew their memberships in person.

I also look forward to signing up people interested in becoming new members of OOIDA.

As a staff writer for Land Line Magazine, one of my favorite beats is the produce industry. I really like digging into the complex issues produce haulers face every day out there on the road. I am always looking for possible article ideas and would love to hear from truckers who are out there “living it” every day.

At GATS, I won’t be there as a reporter but will be working in an Association staff capacity. However, if you stop by the booth, I will probably ask you if you haul produce. One of my co-workers here at Land Line has already bet me I won’t be able to “not ask” you that question. Hey, they don’t call me the rotten vegetable lady for nothing.

So if you are going to be at GATS, make sure to stop by and say hello. We are at booth number 13089 in the Dallas Convention Center. Look for us near the XM booth.

For more information about the show, click here.