Monday, July 23, 2007

Who is this guy?

Ahoy there. I boarded this ship shortly after the world realized the Y2K bug was nothing more than a colossal waste of worry. Around the office I seem to get most of the blame for pranks and other shenanigans but it’s important to point out that the folks pointing the finger tend to be the actual guilty ones. I’m just saying.

In my early days of employment here I took the label of support staff. Essentially, I was charged with doing things that no one else had time to do or wanted to do. Not too long after that Sandi Soendker, the managing editor, decided I should do some writing to see if I was worth keeping around.

I was soon contributing daily news to our still burgeoning Web site. Shortly thereafter she allowed some of my stories to be printed in the magazine. A couple years later it was decided to stick me with covering any and all matters that relate to state legislation.

I’ve since allowed covering legislative matters to take up way to much of my time in and out of the office. Each January when most state legislatures get cranking it is as much like Christmas for me when uncovering issues of importance to trucking as it is a practice in futility for trying to keep up with it all.

So, there you have it; a little bit about me when you didn’t even ask. Until next time, take care out there.