Friday, July 20, 2007

No sugar-coating here

If there’s one thing you can be sure of, you won’t have to wonder what I’m thinking. I’ve been accused of being cheeky and glib. My colorful “Southernisms” tend to raise eyebrows.

But, that’s what a lot of you have come to count on over the years.

I’ve been a journalist for 18 years – wow, that’s a long time and I’m not that old. The past eight or so, I’ve been covering the trucking industry. The first five years I watched OOIDA’s fight to right the wrongs in the trucking industry.

When I got the chance three years ago to come to work for Land Line and help the good guys, I loaded up the moving truck and the family and headed for Grain Valley. It was really like coming home.

My co-workers kid me about taking home a 1,000-page transportation-funding bill for “light reading.” Trolling the Internet late at night for trucker injustice is an obsession. I don’t walk out of the building everyday and forget.

There’s so much going on in this industry everyday that it’s impossible to cover it all. This blog is giving all of us here at Land Line a great opportunity to bring you more news in our own unique way.

Gun-slinging and straight-shooting is a way of life around here. I’m sure you’ll enjoy this glimpse inside Land Line and what we really do every day.