Friday, July 20, 2007

My maiden blogging voyage

Welcome to my first entry for Land Line’s media blog!

My name’s Charlie Morasch, and I’m a staff writer here at Land Line. I have just completed my first six months on the job here. I’m assigned to cover air quality, border issues and feature stories for the magazine.

I’ve really enjoyed learning about the trucking industry while meeting and talking with OOIDA members and other drivers who regularly visit the Web site and read Land Line. I hope to continue writing about more issues drivers care about, and hopefully this blog will allow for a more personal message about trucking issues.

I’ve been told by Aaron that this blog will be closely tied to trucking issues, and that my entries regarding the NFL, Kansas State football and my overweight Pug “Lefty” aren’t welcome.

Seriously, I’m not sure what shape this blog will take but I hope it will offer a more direct and informal approach than the news articles available at Land Line’s Web site.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to checking in with you soon!