Friday, July 20, 2007

Job descriptions

You can call me a nerd. Really, it’s okay – you won’t hurt my feelings. I haven’t always been a nerd. Well, okay, I have. But I haven’t always gotten paid for it. When I first came on board at Land Line, I was a general assignment reporter. What does that mean, exactly? To be honest, I’m still not sure. Some might say that being general assignment and the new guy is a sure-fire way to end up writing all the stuff nobody else wants. I like to think it let me dabble in lots of different topics and learn as much as I could about the trucking industry. But now, I’m the online editor. I rarely write anything of substance, which is a fact my coworkers are all-too-willing to point out. So, what does an online editor do? Much like my last job, I’m not completely sure, but if it has to do with the Land Line Web site, it’s probably my deal. I do miss covering the industry through my writing, but as I see it, wrangling the Land Line site is just another way of keeping truckers informed. I hope you find it to be a valuable resource. Shoot me an e-mail (aaron_ladage@landlinemag.com) sometime and let me know what you think