Friday, July 20, 2007

An introduction should likely start at the beginning

Greetings and welcome to my introductory contribution to the Land Line media blog. Since you’re already here, I assume you know how to find us. We promise to be here next time you check in as well.

I am a writer by trade, so my role in the trucking industry is to communicate important information to the people who invest their time to read.

As a staff writer for Land Line Magazine, I write mainly about toll roads, the federal interstates and a beat we call “all things fuel” here at the office. I have also covered border issues, happenings in Congress and far-reaching topics such as speed limiters.

I am called upon to make contributions to “Land Line Now” on XM Satellite Radio. As the resident Canadian on staff, I will occasionally point my writer’s compass toward the Great White North.

Blogging here will allow me to wear a few more hats than required by conventional news reporting.